Don’t throw that turkey carcas into the trash; put it into a large pot filled about half-way with water, on the stove, bring it to a boil and simmer for about 5 hours. Add water if necessary, so that you end up with about 1/3 of the pot being turkey broth when the bird remnants are removed.
Strain the broth and sort the shredded meat from any remaining small bones. Toss all of the bones and save the meat; set meat aside.
Return the (strained) broth to the pot; bring broth back to a simmer. Chop and add vegetables to taste, such as:
– 1 medium yellow onion, cut to about 1″ squares;
– 6 – 8 medium carrots, sliced;
– 10 celery stalks cut to about 3/4″; okay to include some leaves;
– mild small garlic; slice cloves to about 1/4″ size;
– 1 jalapeno pepper; remove seeds; cut to about 1/4″ squares.
Simmer all for about 15 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of pasta (e.g. small rigatoni);
Add pepper and salt to taste;
Simmer all for an additional 15 minutes.
Return turkey to the pot. Add cilantro (2 teaspoons, chopped).
Let sit for 10 – 15 minutes; serve and eat.